Thursday, March 4, 2010

HEAPS o fun

Hello loves! So this past week has FLOWN by! Why is time going by so fast!? I don't want it to! Let's see, this weekend was pretty fun. And on Saturday we went into Fremantle to the markets. There were so many little shops and booths that sold little trinkets and souvenir items. I wanted to buy everything, but I didn't. They also had fresh fruit and veggies, I bought some white nectarines, YUM! I love the little shops and vibrant colors of the city. I have to do a portfolio project for my photography class that I am taking. We had to decide what our main theme was going to be and write a concept outline about it. I am really bad at coming up with creative ideas/themes so I made sure to keep an eye out for things that inspire me. While in town that day at the market, I noticed all the colorful buildings and people and decided my portfolio will be called "Colors of the City." I will go out and take pictures of colorful things that are unique to Perth and Fremantle. I am so excited to start! Here is a picture of what inspired me to do colors of the city:



So today has been a very busy day! I skyped with my family this morning, and also my roommates from back home. It's funny when I hear them say that it's been so nice out lately, being about 35 degrees! Haha. Oh I miss the midwest... kind of! Then I had to go to class from 1:30-5:30. It was a two hour lecture, then an hour break, and an hour tutorial. Finally I got to leave and come home to make dinner (amazing chicken/broccoli stir fry). Since then I've been running around trying to pack for my 10 day trip I leave for tomorrow morning!! I really didn't think it would be hard to pack, since we will be wearing grubby clothes most of the trip. But I keep second guessing myself and adding more. All I can take is a duffle bag, a backpack, sleeping bag, and pillow. I can't wait for this experience! I will make sure to write in my journal every day so that I can blog about my experiences once I get back! The next time I can write in this will be no sooner than March 14th. Wish me luck in the OUTBACK!!! See you in 10 days, Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment